Sunday, 27 April 2014

Second Chance

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I blinked again, just to be sure I wasn't hallucinating. But no, it was no dream. You were right there, in front of me.

A grin slowly crept through my face. I had never believed in second chances, never thought that dreams can actually come true. But I see you sitting right there, and I pinch myself. The sharp pain confirms that this is reality.



I think back to the day we met. Of all places to meet, it was at a coffee shop. More precisely, it was at the Tim Horton's near he Place d'Orleans mall. I walked in without knowing my life was about to change. Without any precaution we came face to face. I could not believe how beautiful you looked. Never had I gazed upon such wonder! I even remember the distinct scent that gathered about you. It was a citrus smell, and it tickled my nostrils in such a tangy and cool way. I was at a loss for words.

But alas, our meeting was a short one. And since then I had been looking for you everywhere, hoping that Lady Luck would grant me my wish and we would meet again. I needed you in my life, I needed you to fill me with sunshine and laughter as you had that day. Like a childish dream, I held on to that hope. Every cafe I would visit I would imagine sitting you there, just like that first day. And I would run to you. But that imagination never came true.

Until today.

I smiled as I held you in my hand. I breathed in that distinct scent that is uniquely yours. After months of search, I finally have you with me. Life felt complete.

I looked at you deeply one last time, then took the first bite out of you. Ah, that same taste of the lemon poppyseed muffin that had haunted me all these months! Now I can finally taste it again.

Love it.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Maa..... laughed out loud startling the people around me! As I began to read, I presumed it was the 'guy', but then the Muffin! If the muffin could read, it would have blushed & melted before you could taste! Excellent expression of emotions.... rich choice of words.... Mona Lisa in print! Love it....(little less than how much we all love you)!

    ReplyDelete

Got a quick question? Ask!

Name

Email *

Message *