Friday, 19 October 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the wall

I don't have legs.
Actually I don't have any physical body parts. All I have is a glass pane with silver applied on one side, reflecting anything that comes in front of me.
I am a mirror.
Sometimes I like to compare myself to Echo, the beautiful nymph in Greek mythology who was cursed by Hera to only repeat the words uttered by some other person,
but never being able to speak her what she felt on her own. I am trapped by my own dimensions, forced to show people what they wish to see, but never nothing more.
But I see things. I observe them.
I see the joyful laughter, the silent tears, the angry words, the silent looks.
I see the young and the old, one full of vitality, the other full of wisdom.
I see the strong and the weak, the good and the evil, the workers, the dreamers, the believers, the doers.
I see so much, and yet for all my seeing, I don't get weary. There's always so much to see...
The world looks at me, and I look back the world, silently.
For I am a mirror, and I see.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! New post! And I loved it, including the style of writing. (proofread again, though. noticed a mistype.)

    thought it should be here as well :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. your capability of giving life to inanimate object is remarkable, at one point or another we all have felt like a mirror and are able to capture that feeling so well is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Got a quick question? Ask!

Name

Email *

Message *