Sunday, 15 January 2012

A little about me

Whenever someone asks me in an interview, "Tell us something about yourself.", I start with the basics. My name, what I study, where I study etc. Then a little bit "I am an honest individual, I am organized etc. etc."

But is that all I am?

Is that all there is to know about me? What about all the hundred different things that make me who I am? Small things, big things, medium sized things, things that have nothing do with a few, mere facts.

I am me.
I love chocolates.
I love Anime, and I hate it when people say they are cartoons. They are definitely NOT cartoon. They have a specific name for their genre. I would appreciate it if they are called by their proper name.
I like Phineas and Ferb, despite being a 3rd year university student, and I am not ashamed to admit it.
Books are my drugs, and reading them is my addiction. If you see me with settled down with a good book, well, good luck trying to pry me away from it.
I like it when it rains, though I may not want to get myself caught in it always and get wet as a result.
I also like it when it snows, even when I have to trudge through knee-length snow.
I like animals, but only from a certain distance. I let them be their way, and I expect them to leave me alone. Nature is for all of us to share.
I am scared of the entire global warming. I am afraid my country will drown as a result of rising sea level, and I don't want that. I wish the political leaders of the world would do something about stopping, or preventing it, rather than arguing and not doing anything about it.
I love my motherland. Despite all the problems she has, I think it is one of the best places to live. I also think she is the most unique place in the entire world. She has given me an identity that I am proud of.
I also love my fatherland. He has taught me to be stronger. He has taught me to do things I never thought I was capable of doing. I am glad he took me in.
I like being lazy, and not doing anything. Contrarily, I also enjoy hard work.
I love my sister the most in the world. Her birth changed my entire life.
I love writing, and I aspire to be a writer one day. I have finished writing a novel, which I want to publish someday.
Greek mythology never fails to amaze me.
I am proud of my religion.

I am me. One insignificant person in a planet full of billions of people, one strong individual capable of turning the tide.

I am me.


9 comments:

  1. Wow you are a great writer ! Love your blog ! Update when you can :) If I were a chicken I would lay an egg and then protect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you would Maximus. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. good work eihsra!! ^_^ though i'm not a reader but i'm still looking forward to read more from your blog..!! (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm so proud of you, Bachcha. It's great piece of writing. But then, of course, you're my daughter, You'd better be good in writing.:)
    Kintu amar kotha kothoa lekha nai.:( (Just joking)Keep it up.

    Ammu loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you mentioned me!!!!! i feel so important!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she mentioned you, huh? so...are you phineas and ferb? or global warming?? xD

      Delete
  5. *wheezy style* loooooved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it nabi !!! gonna follow you for sure...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent self confession Maa! felt proud of you...as you are! and I love chocolates too!

    ReplyDelete

Got a quick question? Ask!

Name

Email *

Message *